I hope to inspire and encourage others through my own life experiences and my faith ...

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Are You Up For A Challenge?

I recently heard about a book called Radical by David Platt.  I have not read the book although hearing what the author is challenging people to do moved me ...  "Take back your faith from the American Dream."   The American Dream ... doesn't that represent everything that we live and work for here in the United States?  Isn't the idea of the American Dream meant to inspire and motivate, not only us citizens, but people world wide who have hope for a brighter future?  It's painted on billboards, portrayed in movies and written about in books ... who would want anything more then to achieve the goal that we all desperately strive for?  I am not promoting this book as I have not read it.  I think it would be wonderful to read sometime and I have heard amazing things regarding it although the book is not what I am writing about today- just the idea of taking back our faith ... taking it back from whatever it is that is overshadowing it.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will" (Romans 12:2). 


I have felt a relentless desire to grow deeper in my relationship with God.  I love Him.  I want my life's work to revolve around Him and bringing others to Him.  I know He desires more of me then I am currently giving.  Right now my walk is less exciting and moving then what I would like for it to be.  Life is going wonderfully.  I am busy doing things that I love doing and all because He has blessed me with amazing opportunities- He is beginning to lead me down a path that I have been prayerful about for so long.  I am just missing one little thing ... fulfillment in my everyday walk.  I know that He not only wants me to be happy and content, but to be filled to the brim- overflowing with Him.  I desire for that fire, that excitement that can hardly be contained!

So, in my quest to light that fire and grow deeper in relationship with Him I have decided to challenge myself.  I have identified some of the major areas that I feel keep me and others from getting closer to Him.  Yes, there are things that I am not thrilled to work on ... things that will take even more of my time and energy, but I know it will all be worth it in the end.  I know that I can be better then I am now if I strive to be the best that I can be for Him; that means giving Him my all- not just my leftovers.  I am really excited to start this journey and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me.  How much more will I experience when I am giving Him my all? 

Maybe you are in a great place and life is going well.  Maybe you aren't and your life is in turmoil and distress.  Maybe you're simply bored in your everyday walk.  Maybe you're desperately seeking. We are all in different places spiritually but I believe that we can ALL do more to grow in our faith.  Take back your faith!  Take it back from whatever is keeping it from being what it is meant to be.  Take it back from your desire to achieve success and the American Dream. Take it back from depression. Take it back from fear. Take it back from the boring and mundane.  Take it back from self service.  Take it back from the easy going.  Take back your faith!  What can God do when we give Him our all?  What can we experience?  How can we grow?  I am up for the challenge and I hope that you are too!  It excites me so much to think of the possibilities  ... I am expecting the unexpected and eager to follow where He leads. 

I will be doing short devotionals on different areas of struggle and will finish each off with a challenge for you and I to pursue.  I would love to hear your thoughts along the way.  Where are you struggling?  What is He doing in your life as you challenge yourself to take back your faith?  What praises do you have to share?  I ask that you prayerfully consider journeying through this with me.  Leave me a comment on Inspiring Excellence's facebook page letting me know that you are taking the challenge!  We can encourage each other along the way. 

Take back your faith and watch your life radically change!

No comments:

Post a Comment