I hope to inspire and encourage others through my own life experiences and my faith ...

Monday, September 28, 2009

Mon meilleur ami

I have a friend, a very special friend. She has been around for what seems like forever. We met as immature pre-teens. We sang "My favorite Things" on the tops of our lungs together, played practical jokes on each other, laughed for hours together, we went through the transition of stretch pants to jeans together, and had really poofy bangs like each other ... We were teenagers together. We gushed over first dates, went through high school together, spent endless weekend nights running through grave yards with our friends playing games, went to youth group together, went on retreats together, we graduated together, we toured Europe together, we helped each other through broken hearts and we laughed a lot too ... We became adults together. We laughed even more, we cried even more, we faced "real life" and it was scary sometimes, we went through pregnancies together, we discovered "The Rio" together, we became wine drinkers, we helped each other through up hill battles, we were there for each other when there was no one else. We have been through it all ...

This girl is so great ... I just love her to death! I could not imagine my life without her in it. She has helped me face giants in my life, listened to me complain, listened to me cry, listened to me rant and rave about things that were totally irrelovent and yet she never made me feel like they were. She picked me up when I was down, never left my side when I needed a friend and she shared in all my joy as well.

This girl has had her share of struggles as well. She has been broken hearted and run down. She has cried until there was nothing left to cry. She had the imense strength to take on motherhood as a single mommy ... and she never complained about it. Regardless of her struggles she could switch on a smile and light up a room and bring everyones to their knees laughing.

She is a special girl ... she is a very patient girl. Knowing exactly what she wanted in life, she held on to what she had and kept going forward even when going forward was the hardest thing to do. More then anyone she deserved a happy ending ... and then one day it came ... her prince, her knight on the white horse arrived and swept her off her feet (literally). Wow ... I can't even begin to express my excitment, my joy, my pure happiness for her. I smile just to think of it! This is her time to shine. My friend, my very best friend who has shared in every part of my life is getting married ... I could not be more thrilled and my heart could not be more happy. I am so blessed to have such a beautiful friend in my life and I love her dearly. Best wishes to you friend as you venture on this journey. I am anxious to see where the road of life takes you and your family ...

No comments:

Post a Comment